Tuesday 7 February 2017

Pepper Soup: Author Interview - Kiah!

Yes, I put an exclamation mark after her name because she is AMAZING!!!
I met her on Twitter. Actually, it was one of those situations where someone retweeted a tweet of hers and she was arguing with someone. Passionately.

I wondered, 'Who be this one again?' and went to her profile page, and read some tweets and thought, 'She speaks her mind sha' and then followed a link and read a story, then another, then another , then I went back to Twitter and promptly followed her. She's off Twitter now. Either that or she's blocked me for stalking her and being a creepy fan girl, but she's here now, so please meet Kiah!




Describe yourself in five words. Hepzibah. Beulah. Ammi. Ruhamah. Kiah.

Why those five words? Google is your friend

What do you do for fun? Visit New York Museums all the time, Hike New England, Travel a lot. Write silly mushy stories, read my Bible.


Which would you prefer a quiet evening at home, or a night out on the town? Why? None of the above

Whats your favourite TV show? Why? I don't watch TV anymore. When I did it was Nashville because I am a black country girl at heart. Loved CSI and Fuji House of Commotion too.

Whats your favourite drink? Starbucks' Gingerbread latte with whipped cream.


Whats your favourite snack? Fried plantains

Whats your favourite dish? Pounded yam and Efo riro - I am Ijesha.

Do you like Pepper Soup? Sometimes

Whats your favourite type of Pepper Soup? Goat meat

Why did you agree to contribute to this anthology? I was asked and I don't know how to say no to writing offers.

What inspired your story (stories)? Trying Faith was inspired by Agege bread. I had a craving one morning. A Time to Fall just came along.


Whats your favourite book? Why? The Bible. It has everything.

Who are your favourite authors? Ann Patchett, John Irving

Which books have most influenced your writing? All of John Irving's. Chimamanda Adichie's The Thing Around Your Neck

What are your ambitions for your writing career? To retire to some Latin American country or Ilesha after being CEO of a F500 and stay there and write.

Which writers inspire you? Moses, Paul, John Irving, Aron Wright

What have you written?
kiahsscript.com

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

4 comments: